Community Organizing Intern
Download as PDF
Our internship will focus on Community Organizing. Our intern will conduct outreach in Livermore and help organize Tri-Valley CAREs' events.
INTERNS WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE IN:
* Outreach: The intern will phone members, flier in the community and table at community events such as: Diversity Day, the Farmers' Market and Make a Difference Day.
* Media: Intern will gain basic skills in working with media (print, TV and radio), writing releases, PSA's and conducting media calls.
* Event Logistics: The intern will gain a general understanding of logistics required to put on a community event and help the Community Organizer plan mailing parties and monthly meetings.
* Outreach and organizing for peace, disarmament and to stop the local environmental and health impacts of nuclear weapons activities in the Bay Area.
* Nuclear Weapons Issues: The intern will learn broadly about nuclear weapons, disarmament and gain in depth knowledge on nuclear weapons programs at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
* Public Speaking: The intern will gain experience in public speaking and will table the groups' literature at various venues.
Work with a well-respected, internationally recognized grassroots organization
* Be part of the nuclear abolition movement locally, nationally and internationally
* Gain insight into environmental and citizens' monitoring work
* Effect positive change with a group who can support and help you
* Learn how to organize
* Use your speaking and writing skills
TRI-VALLEY CAREs INTERNS NEED:
* Experience and interest in social justice campaigns
* A desire to work for positive change in the world
* Good communication and organizing skills
* Willingness to take on responsibility and complete assigned jobs or duties
* Reliable transportation, or a willingness to take public transport to Livermore.
This internship lasts 2-3 months. Hours range from 12-32 hours per week. Schedules are flexible.
Internships are unpaid, though some transportation stipends are available. Credit for many majors can be arranged. Work study forms must be provided by the intern if applicable.
Please send resumes and/or cover letters to:
Staff Attorney of Tri-Valley CAREs
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA 94550